Welcome to the website of the Competence Network Aquaculture (Kompetenznetzwerk Aquakultur (KNAQ)) of the federal state Schleswig-Holstein.
Workshop: Production of penaeid Shrimp in Europe - Risks and opportunities
Time: 14:00 - 17:20
Room: Louisville, Level 0
On Tuesday, 28.08.2018, the Competence Network Aquaculture and the excellence cluster "Future Ocean" in cooperation with Euroshrimp will host a half-day workshop entitled: "Production of penaeid Shrimp in Europe - Risks and opportunities".
This industry workshop is of high relevance for all producers, technology suppliers and scientists working with penaeid shrimp, especially Litopenaeus vannamei, in Europe and worldwide. The workshop will bring together stakeholders to provide a fruitful basis for exchange and future cooperation.
This workshop will provide a concise update on the current risks and opportunities in penaeid shrimp production in Europe and will facilitate exchange on experience and best practice in production also with experts from outside of Europe.
- EU import regulations for postlarvae (PL)
- shrimp reproduction in accordance with EU animal welfare regulations
- biosecurity of reproduction in closed recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS)
- ongrowing of high quality shrimp in RAS
- exchange on best practice in the different farming regions worldwide
- Joint address of European producers to the European Commission regarding import regulations
- Exchange on strategy for production of high quality PL in European hatcheries
- Establishment of international cooperation of producers
Registration for the workshop is open now. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation in the workshop is free of charge for all AQUA2018 conference delegates and trade show pass holders.
Please check our website for regular updates on workshop agenda and scope.
Please download the WORKSHOP-FLYER for distribution in your personal network.